Effective use of SIMS Attendance data
This course will focus on how senior leaders can use SIMS Attendance data for monitoring, reporting, analysis, self evaluation and Ofsted.
- please let HTLC know at time of booking if you use lesson monitor and which version of Microsoft office the school uses
- please let HTLC know at time of booking if you are booking as a consortium and would like a bespoke course delivered
Course code: ED301
Provided by Hampshire Teaching and Leadership College
A half day course for
This course is aimed at current Headteachers or senior leaders in charge of attendance.
Lisa Marie Smith - HIAS senior teaching and learning adviser - learning, behaviour and attendance Sheila Milford, IT Trainer, eLearn eTeach, Hampshire IT.
Knowledge and understanding
- How to link RAISEonline data to SIMS reports.
- How to use SIMs to write the SEF.
- Which SIMs absence data to use in Ofsted Case Studies .
- How to monitor and analyse absence data for vulnerable gr.
Participants will learn how to
- Create SEF reports.
- Configure the SIMS Home Page to monitor Attendance data .
- Undertake data analysis for Ofsted and Case Studies.
- Discuss registration procedures and regulations and safeguarding.
Course content and methodology
- Hands on activities within SIMS Attendance/ Lesson Monitor data.
- Discussion activities around real practice with colleagues.
- Examples from county adviser on best practice.
Intended impact on practice
To develop confident use of SIMS Attendance/Lesson Monitor for comprehensive analysis to identify areas for school improvement; targeted pupil intervention and allocation of resources.
Participants should bring
- Current RAISEonline data on absence/exclusion (3reports).
- Centrally hosted SIMS login and password if appropriate.
- Section of school SEF for attendance.
- Any pupil absence reports you use.