SIMS Attendance Data Analysis
This course aims to deliver the skills required to effectively analyse and use Attendance Data. It will cover reports, detailed data analysis using Excel & using Raiseonline data & SIMS together.
- please let Hampshire Teaching and Leadership College know at time of booking if you use lesson monitor and which version of Microsoft office the school uses
- please let Hampshire Teaching and Leadership College know at time of booking if you are booking as a consortium and would like a bespoke course delivered
Course code: ED302
Provided by Hampshire Teaching and Leadership College
A half day course for
SIMS Attendance Officers.
Lisa Marie Smith - HIAS senior teaching and learning adviser - learning, behaviour and attendance Sheila Milford, IT Trainer, eLearn eTeach, Hampshire IT.
Knowledge and understanding
- How to link RAISEonline data to SIMS reports.
- Which SIMS absence data to use in Ofsted Case Studies.
- How to monitor and analyse absence data for vulnerable pupils.
- Attendance Letter creation. SIMS User defined groups.
Participants will learn how to
- Create attendance reports – weekly, termly, annually and for inspection.
- Use SIMS and RAISEonline.
- Export Attendance data and carry out further detailed analysis in Excel.
- Maintain data accuracy.
Course content and methodology
- Hands on activities within SIMS Attendance/ Lesson Monitor data.
- Discussion activities around real practice with colleagues.
- Examples from county adviser on best practice.
Intended impact on practice
To develop confident use of SIMS Attendance/Lesson Monitor data for comprehensive analysis to identify areas for school improvement; targeted pupil intervention and allocation of resources.
Participants should bring
- Current RAISEonline data on absence/exclusion (3reports).
- Centrally hosted SIMS login and password if appropriate.
- Examples of absence reports already used in school and any subsequent analysis.