Developing your Office Skills for SIMS Reports
SIMS reports can be output in a variety of formats and this course will deliver the file management and Office (Word, Mail Merge and Excel) skills in order to manipulate the data.
- previously advertised as Office Skills for SIMS Reports
Course code: ED164
Provided by Hampshire Teaching and Leadership College
An one day course for
Staff who use SIMS to create reports but require Office skills to manipulate the report output.
Hampshire IT schools trainer.
SIMS basic reporting skills.
Course content and methodology
- Basic file management techniques.
- Creating and organising files and folders.
- Word - editing and manipulating text and tables.
- Word - Mail Merge skills.
- Excel - formatting skills.
- Excel - mathematical formulae.
- Office Skills for SIMS Reports.
- SIMS Reports - Advanced Presentation Skills.
- SIMS eport Workshop.
- There are two types of reporting courses - formal and workshop courses.
- Formal courses aim to solely develop delegate skills in the specific subject.
- Workshop courses provide limited taught elements and focus mainly on creation of specific reports to utilise back at school.
- To benefit from the workshop course, delegates will need to have ideas about reports they wish to create by the end of the session.