GENERAL RISK ASSESSOR (HCC only)
All staff (except Children's Services and Schools) who may be expected to undertake on site general risk assessments. CSD please book on HW332, Schools on HW368.
Course code: HW346
Provided by Hampshire Learning Centre, Winchester
An one day course for
All Managers and staff in ADS/CORPORATE Depts., undertaking general risk assessments.
Knowledge and understanding
- Explain employers and employees legal responsibilities regarding Risk Assessment.
- Describe the principles of Risk Assessments.
- Explain the meaning and application of terms 'Hazard' and 'Risk'.
- Demonstrate active and reactive monitoring methods.
- Complete a General Risk Asssessment.
- Be able to plan your risk assessment activities based upon the prioritisation of hazards.
- Recognise your own limitations and be able to source additional advice and gyuidance when appropriate.
- Identify department/agencies that can assist you.
Course content and methodology
- Legal Requirments and principles of Risk Assessment.
- Identifying Hazards and Risks.
- Qualitative/Risk Assessment system.
- Hierarchy of control measure and implement/maintain control systems.
- Practical Risk Assessments and Action Planning.
Intended impact on practice
- Management and Leadership Competency Framework.
- Develop effective processes and manage risk.
- Understand different expectations around general health and safety risks.
- Influence others.
Other booking information