Delivering the GCSE Edexcel ICT course
This is a course that will consider the content of the Edexcel GCSE specification and models of delivery.
Course code: IT092
Provided by Hampshire Teaching and Leadership College
An one day course for
Staff who are new to delivering the Edexcel GCSE ICT course. (SEC)
Teaching ICT in an educational establishment.
Knowledge and understanding
The course will provide information about this ICT GCSE specification and provide opportunities for those attending to consider different models of delivery.
Participants will learn how to
- Long, medium and short-term plan the course.
- Manage the controlled assessments.
- Teach the skills required to answer the terminal exam paper.
Course content and methodology
- The content of the course will focus on the ICT GCSE specification.
- The morning will be spent considering the course material, the afternoon will be used to customise the course for the specific school environment.
Intended impact on practice
- Confidence when delivering and assessing the controlled assessment.
- An understanding of the expected levels of attainment within the course.
Participants should bring