Using Google Maps to Support Learning
A half-day workshop learning how to use Google maps, a free online application, and how they can be used in the classroom to support learning.
Course code: IT089
Provided by Hampshire Teaching and Leadership College
A half day course for
ICT co-ordinators and class teachers. (PRI)
Knowledge and understanding
- How to create your own maps and add information to share with colleagues and pupils.
- How to use your maps to support learning.
- How to enable pupils to present their work eg in a local study by using your maps.
Participants will learn how to
- Register and sign in to a Google Maps account.
- Create unlisted maps for use by specific groups only.
- Create public maps for sharing information more widely.
- Add information in different forms to the maps.
Course content and methodology
The course will be mainly practical with a mix of demonstration, discussion and online work.
Intended impact on practice
Pupils will have access to an alternative way of presenting information in a context.
Participants should bring
- Their login details if they already have a Google account.
- An email address that they can to access during the course.
- Some text and images of their local area if possible.