Developing Computer Science in KS2 Computational thinking and programming with Logo & Scratch
Providing basic skills to enable the use of Scratch. This is a simple programming language that can be used as a tool in the classroom for developing and exploring ideas.
Course code: IT084
Provided by Hampshire Teaching and Leadership College
An one day course for
Primary ICT coordinators and teachers. (KS2)
Knowledge and understanding
- How to use the Scratch application and create sequences of instructions to make events happen on screen.
- Awareness of the logical thinking and problem solving involved in using the application.
Participants will learn how to
- Program and sequence instructions.
- Use Scratch in the classroom.
Course content and methodology
- Demonstration of the application.
- Practical exploration of the application.
- Discussion of how this can be used to support learning.
- Planning Scratch into your curriculum.
Intended impact on practice
Providing more stimulating and challenging opportunities for pupils while covering some of the Developing Ideas and Making Things Happen element of the NC ICT Programme of Study.