Developing the Use of Wizkid to Support Learning
A one-day course sharing good practice, exploring the Wizkid activities and tools and how they can be used to support learning in FS, KS 1 and 2, for teachers who already have experience of Wizkid.
Course code: IT083
Provided by Hampshire Teaching and Leadership College
An one day course for
ICT coordinators, all teachers, LSAs and classroom assistants. (U12)
- Basic ICT skills.
- Must have previous experience of using Wizkid.
- Follows on from IT082 - an introduction to Using Wizkid to Support Learning.
Knowledge and understanding
- Greater awareness of Wizkid activities and tools.
- An understanding of how Wizkid activities and tools can be used to support learning.
Participants will learn how to
- Further develop the use of the learning platform as an impetus for learning.
- Make effective use of Wizkid tools to support learning.
- Organise and share resources.
- Add sound.
- Facilitate pupil voice / child centred learning - use of the discussion and vote.
Course content and methodology
A mix of demonstrations, discussions and practical activities.
Intended impact on practice
More effective use of Wizkid to support learning.
Participants should bring
- Username and password for Wizkid – essential.
- Resources e.g. pictures, sound files and video clips to use in creating activities.