An Introduction to Using Wizkid to Support Learning
A day course exploring the Wizkid activities and tools and how they can be used to support learning in the Foundation Stage, Key Stages 1 and 2 and for teachers who have no experience of using Wizkid.
Course code: IT082
Provided by Hampshire Teaching and Leadership College
An one day course for
ICT coordinators, all teachers, LSAs and classroom assistants. (U12)
Knowledge and understanding
- Greater awareness of Wizkid activities and tools.
- An understanding of how Wizkid activities and tools can be used to support learning.
Participants will learn how to
- Use the learning platform as an impetus for learning.
- Use the gallery to share learning and next steps.
- Bring resources into one central place eg. linking to web resources, sharing files, use of multimedia activity.
- Add sound.
- Facilitate pupil voice / child centred learning - use of the discussion and vote.
Course content and methodology
A mix of demonstrations, discussions and practical activities.
Intended impact on practice
Use of Wizkid to support learning.
Developing the use of Wizkid to Support Learning will provide further experience of using Wizkid to support learning.
Participants should bring
- Username and password for Wizkid – essential.
- Username and password for Wizkid – resources e.g. pictures, sound files and video clips to use in creating activities.